Autumn is here and, like every mid-season, our hair is falling out in greater quantities. This phenomenon is completely normal and there is nothing to be alarmed about. On average, a person loses between 50 and 100 hairs per day, beyond that there may be several factors on which we can act.
Factors that can cause hair loss:
- Stress is a big factor! Do not hesitate to take care of yourself, to take breaks to breathe and lower your stress level.
- Lack of nutrients, especially minerals, can cause more hair loss.
- Hormonal changes, such as menopause or the postpartum period, or any other medical reason. In these cases, do not hesitate to consult a specialist doctor to help you limit the fall and treat the cause.
Simple tips for hair loss:
- Do not do hairstyles where the hair is too pulled. We stop strict buns, very tight braids or other hairstyles requiring hair pulling. Tight hats can also cause friction that amplifies hair loss.
- Avoid washing your hair too frequently. Boar hair , being naturally composed of keratin, helps distribute sebum from roots to ends and becomes your greatest ally for spacing out shampoos.
- Massage your scalp to stimulate blood circulation. In addition, you can use castor oil with rosemary essential oil, both known to fight against hair loss. Massage your skull with your fingertips and make small circular movements, taking care not to scratch yourself.
- Eat well. Indeed, favor a healthy and diversified diet with in particular: oily fish and eggs for omega 3 and foods rich in minerals - iron, zinc and magnesium - such as lentils or cocoa.
- Sleep with a silk pillowcase, a loose braid and favor silk scrunchies to limit the creation of knots. Indeed, the more knots you have, the more you risk losing your hair or breaking it when brushing.
- Finally, use a quality brush. Artisan Brossier brushes , made of pure boar or agave fiber, are less irritating to the skull than plastic ones. Choosing them in pneumatic format can also be interesting to accentuate the massage of the skull and encourage good blood circulation.
Remember that it is natural to lose more or less hair depending on the different seasons of your life. We hope these tips can help you!